What are the Benefits of Mentoring?
Benefits of being a Mentee:
- Gain practical advice, encouragement and support;
- Learn from the experiences of others, bounce off ideas/obtain advice from your mentor;
- Continue to increase your confidence and become more empowered to make decisions;
- Continue to develop your communication and personal skills and strategies for dealing with both personal and professional issues;
- Identify goals and establish a sense of direction and gain valuable insight into the next stage of your career; and
- Encourages reflection on practice.
Benefits of being a Mentor:
- Opportunity to reflect on own practice;
- Continue to improve communication and personal skills and expand your leadership and management qualities’
- Reinforce your own skills and knowledge of your subject(s), and enables you to practice your interpersonal skills;
- Gain recognition for your skills and experience, and uses your experience, making it relevant to a new person; and
- Benefit from a sense of fulfilment and personal growth through supporting the development of others.
If you are a PCT Friend or a PCT Fellow who would like to find out more, including how we match mentors with mentees, please download this application form and return to Bek at: email@example.com