The Ripple Award
The Ripple Awards recognise Fellows for their outstanding contribution to the objectives of the Peter Cullen Trust and the Fellows Network through their work and engagement within the water sector and the Peter Cullen Trust.
Nominations are open for the 2023 Ripple Awards
Fellows of the Peter Cullen Trust are invited to nominate other Fellows for either or both of these Awards. Nominations should be no more than 300 words, outlining how the Fellow has made a contribution against the criteria set out below.
Nominations for the 2023 Awards should be submitted by email to email@example.com by COB Wednesday 27 September 2023.
The Fellows Committee will review nominations and determine the winner/s as appropriate. No Award will be made in the absence of nominees that the Fellows Committee consider meet the criteria.
Winners will be announced at the 2023 Graduation Event, in Brisbane, on 16 November.
About the Ripple Awards
First awarded in 2016, the award was split in 2022 to recognise two distinct categories of achievement:
1. The Ripple Award for Water and Environment Leadership recognises Fellows that have made an exemplary contribution to the sector, carrying on the legacy of the late Peter Cullen AO by:
- Strengthening the understanding between science, policy and stakeholders in management of water and environment;
- Supporting researchers and professionals ‘who can speak for the rivers’ with clarity and credibility;
- Promoting informed exchange and debate on important water and environmental management issues;
- Building capacity in science and policy for water and environmental management;
- Building links between the scientific and political communities in order to promote effective management of our river systems.
2. The Ripple Award for Fellows Network Leadership recognises Fellows that have made an outstanding contribution to the activities and collegiality of the Peter Cullen Trust and the Fellows Network by:
- Creating safe environments for the conversations that matter to take place;
- Supporting a network of leaders to think with a collaborative mindset;
- Giving of their time and expertise in the pursuit of the goals of the Peter Cullen Trust and the Fellows Network;
- Enhancing the reputation of the Trust and the Fellows Network through public presentations and representations;
- Connecting people together, people who are thinking and acting with systems approaches to complexity.
- 2022: Dr Paul Frazier, Fellow 2012 and Associate Professor Bradley Moggridge, Fellow 2018
- 2021: Kaye Cavanagh, Fellow 2011
- 2019: Chris Arnott, Fellow 2010
- 2018: Kirsten Shelley, Fellow 2011
- 2017: Sarina Loo, Fellow 2010
- 2016: Susie Williams, Fellow 2011